Congregational Church of Soquel
Drag box to select area
This Soquel landmark was founded in 1868 by Joshua and Narcissa Parrish, newlyweds from Ohio who ventured west. The building was constructed in 1870, and is currently the gathering place for more than 300 members. The Congretional Church plays a key role in Soquel's history. It served as a temporary shelter in 1955 when Soquel Creek flooded the village, and became a temporary fire station when the creek flooded again in 1982. In 1989 the Loma Prieta earthquake knocked the church's steeple bell from its perch. The church is proud to host numerous religious and community events throughout the year on its Soquel Drive campus.
4951 Soquel Dr, Soquel, CA 95073
- Fax: 831-475-2902
- Accessibility Details: ADA compliant
- Hours: Office hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 1pm. Service: Sun, 9:30am.
- Accessible: yes