The City of Santa Cruz and the Santa Cruz Police Officers Association have received more than $103,000 in donations to support the families of Sgt. Loran "Butch" Baker and Officer Elizabeth Butler, a city official said Thursday.
As of March 7, the total of $103,690 represented donations to the city's online account, Wells Fargo and Bay Federal, Santa Cruz finance director Marcus Pimentel said.
Donations can be made through any of the following, Pimentel said:
- Online at www.cityofsantacruz.com
- Wells Fargo- All branches will accept donations to account # 999 245 1154
- Bay Federal- All branches will accept donations to the "Santa Cruz Police Officers Foundation"
- By Mail: 809 Center Street, Room 101, Santa Cruz, CA 95060; payable to the "City of Santa Cruz Baker/Butler Scholarship Fund"
- By Phone: Credit card payments can be made by calling 831-420-5070 during normal city business hours, at no charge to donors
Whole Foods at 911 Soquel Ave. in Santa Cruz was also accepting donations to the Santa Cruz Police Officers Association.
Baker and Butler were killed by suspect Jeremy Peter Goulet Feb. 26 on Branciforte Avenue. Goulet was killed by other officers in a subsequent shootout.
Thousands mourned Baker and Butler on Thursday.