Contributed by Smart Solutions to Homelessness:
Concerned citizens ready to learn more and get involved are invited to join in the conversation about homelessness and be part of the solution at an event called “Creating Smart Solutions to Homelessness: A Countywide Community Engagement Summit” on Saturday, Dec. 1 at Cabrillo College in Aptos.
- Create broader and more diverse community engagement on homelessness.
- Develop better communication & coordination among those concerned about these issues.
- Improve understanding of the realities of homelessness in Santa Cruz County.
- Share information about proven, successful models and solutions working in other communities including some that are taking shape in Santa Cruz County.
- Develop a shared vision for change and agreed upon action steps.
- Form an ongoing community leadership group to carry the work forward on shaping policies to address homelessness.
We are seeking participation from all geographic areas of Santa Cruz County and representatives from all stakeholder groups including business, faith-based organizations, service providers, neighborhood groups and service clubs, law enforcement, elected officials, professionals, and people who are homeless or formerly homeless.
At this time we are especially seeking greater participation and representatives of the business community and neighborhood groups. Event registration is required. Please go to www.smartsolutionstohomelessness.org to learn more and to request an invitation.